Friday 9 March 2012

Nightmares

I'll let you on a secret. Sometimes, I'm afraid to sleep so I stay up as late as possible into the night and watch as the hours go by my window. I'd rather be tired than embraced by the decaying arms of zombies and psychotic murderers. But I always fall asleep somewhere between fear and dawn.

This has been going on for more than a year now. The nightmares come once or twice a month, sometimes 3 or 4 times a month. I'll tell you another secret. Sometimes, I feel like a child again, waking up and crying in distress. I'm a complete emotional mess. My shoulders shake violently and the tears don't stop. And I know it's all just a really horrible dream but my emotions are already in haywire, they don't listen. All they know is that those situations were as real as it could be. There was so much blood. Such graphic scenes. Was the person I was killing really a zombie or my friend from high school?

I'm at my wit's end. I think I'm slowly losing my mind. The line between reality and fantasy are blurring. I can't take these nightmares anymore. They have to end. I don't know how but I have to find a way to put a stop to them. Before I go insane.


2 comments:

  1. It is true dreams are often linked to the problems we are trying to solve or avoid while we are awake. Perhaps that is where you should start looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bathwater, they say that dreams are the subconscious' way of working things out. It would be interesting and I think helpful to break each nightmare down and look at the symbolism. You might be surprised with what's revealed.

    ReplyDelete