Sunday 11 March 2012

Last night

Last night, I spent about an hour picking up and putting down the bottle of pills. I so desperately wanted to sleep without the fear of having nightmares that in real life would make the bravest of men tremble. But I worried that I would grow dependent of these drugs. Mark, (ex-boyfriend, best-guyfriend and trusted confidant) said that I should find other means of stopping the nightmares and only use medication as a last resort. My best-friend, Rachel also agreed with Mark but I decided to listen to the doctor and give Antenex a try. One night couldn't hurt right?

Right. Last night was the first time in ages that I went to bed feeling happy. About 10 minutes after swallowing the pill, I started feeling relaxed and a general feeling of euphoria. It was like that one time, I got drunk on tequila. But around 4 in the morning, I woke up, went to the bathroom, came back to bed and couldn't return to sleep. I tossed and turn for an hour before becoming exhausted and drifted off, thinking, 'Is this going to happen every night?'


No comments:

Post a Comment