Tuesday 3 April 2012

April

April to me is the start of a new season. The days are becoming more cold, more windy. I'm writing more now compared to last month where I sat with writer's block. I'm writing every day and it feels great. Everytime I finish a piece, I get a rush of satisfaction. It's so thrilling.

April is National poetry month. I'm also participating in the A to Z April Challenge, where 26 of my poems will be written in alphabetical order. So far it is going great. I love the sound of alliteration so I use it for all my titles. I think X and Z will be a definite difficulty but I'm optimistic.

I can't spend my days wallowing in despair. And I refuse to. Doing these writing challenges makes me feel productive. I haven't written a piece of prose in ages and it's frustrating but I will concentrate on what I can do for now instead of drowning in what I can't.

I am determined to smile brightly every day.

1 comment: